You probably know by now that in order to grow your business, you need traffic to achieve it.More importantly, you need targeted traffic; not just any kind of traffic.
You want people to sign up and become your client, right? Of course, every small business owner wants that. But how can I get that kind of traffic, you may ask? What do I need to do?
Before I answer that, I want to remind you how things work in an offline business.
You must have seen on TV, or heard about it on the radio, how a business markets its product on a particular channel over and over again.
They do it because that TV channel has the same audience that that business needs and they pay for that publicity, so that audience finds out about their product. By doing this, the business grows and make more sales.
Pretty simple and efficient, right?
Now, let me tell you that you can do the same thing online and, very importantly, for FREE! It’s called guest blogging.
Here is how guest blogging works, and how you can leverage it:
- Find a website or blog that speaks to your ideal audience, and that has a bigger audience than yours. The size isn’t strictly necessary, but you don’t want to spend hours on a blog post for a site that has only three readers.
- Think of a few topics and potential blog post titles that would be a good fit for their audience.
- Find out if the site regularly accepts guest posts, if so, email the blog author.
- Once you hear back from the owner of the blog, you write the article and send it off to them.
- Be sure to include a compelling call to action in the short “biography” section at the end of your blog post, that links back to your website and your offerings.
Not so hard to do, right?
By guest blogging, your targeted audience will find out about YOU and your business.
Needless to say, you don’t have to pay for it; actually many website owners search for guest bloggers and that is because running a blog is not that simple.
You need to send out fresh and really good content, which is hard work sometimes. So, many of them will gladly post your content.
Make sure your articles are AMAZINGLY GOOD, and contact blogs that have the audience you need.
So, here is what you can do right now:
Pick three blogs that you’d like to write a guest post for. Then get to know the website and the owners; put some ideas together for the content!
Let me know about your experience with guest blogging. Did you ever contact a blog owner and tell him about your article?
Feel free to share your comments below.